|About Us ParcelsRUs Ltd T/A Parcel2ship are completely dedicated to your total satisfaction. If you have any suggestions or comments please email us or use the contact details below.|
Our Contact details:
ParcelsRUs Ltd T/A Parcel2ship
King Charles Business Park Old Newton Rd Heathfield Newtn Abbot TQ12 6UT United Kingdom
Phone: 0845 519 0185
Email: info [at] parcel2ship [dot] co [dot] uk
VAT Registration Number 152685692
|Making A Purchase Making a purchase could not be easier. Just browse our store, and add the item that you wish to buy into the shopping cart. After you have made your selection, click on 'Checkout' and you will be asked for a few details that we need to be able to complete the order. |
We accept most major credit and debit cards as well as PAYPAL. This means that you can simply use your credit or debit card to pay as with any other e-commerce site or alternatively you can transfer funds from an existing PAYPAL account if you have one.
All parcel collections must be from UK addresses ONLY. We cannot accept orders which require non-UK collections. If your credit card is non-uk sourced, place your order and your credit card company will convert the transaction to US Dollars or your own currency.
When we send you a confirmation of order receipt it simply indicates that we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us. We will then book the collection with the courier before the collection is due. We typically book collections the day before the requested collection date since we find this to give optimum results with the courier company. Any cancelation of order or changes to order information after the collection has been booked with the courier will incur an administration charge of £10+VAT.
Our procedures differ depending on the carrier you have chosen so please read the instructions carefully.
In the case of Parcelforce we will produce a set of labels in an Adobe PDF format when we book your collection. We will e-mail these to you and you must then PRINT THE LABELS AND ATTACH to your parcel before the collection. You will usually receive your labels THE DAY BEFORE THE COLLECTION so don't worry if you have booked your collection for some time in advance and you haven't heard from us. If you fail to print and attach these labels before collection this can cause a failed collection. If for any reason you do not receive your labels before the day of collection you will need to contact us via e-mail before 9am on the day of collection.
Parcelforce collections can take place any time between 9am and 5.30pm. Times cannot be specified so your parcel will need to be available for collection all day. All parcels should be correctly packaged. For more information please see our sections on excess charges and packaging guidelines.
In the case of DHL we will produce a set of labels in an Adobe PDF format when we book your collection. We will e-mail these to you and you must then PRINT THE LABELS AND ATTACH to your parcel before the collection. DHL collections can take place any time between 9am and 5.30pm. Times cannot be specified so your parcel will need to be available for collection all day. All parcels should be correctly packaged. DHL reserve the right to refuse to accept any order due to the delivery address being classed as a REMOTE AREA. In this event the customer will be offered the ability to change carriers or have a full refund. Please use the following link to check for remote areas. http://remoteareas.dhl.com/jsp/first.jsp For more information please see our sections on excess charges and packaging guidelines.
In the case of Clity Link the driver will bring a label to attach to your parcel. Please ensure that your parcel is fully addressed and that if you are sending more than one parcel the correct label is attached to the correct parcel when the driver arrives. City Link collections can take place any time between 7.30am and 5.30pm. Times cannot be specified so your parcel will need to be available for collection all day. All parcels should be correctly packaged. For more information please see our sections on excess charges and packaging guidelines.
Our contract with you begins upon collection of the consignment(s). We have included this term to protect us in the case that a mistake has been made in pricing, we have inadvertently under-priced goods, we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason, you have booked the wrong weight product or your destination is in an extended area. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
PLEASE NOTE: It is important that all the information that you give us is accurate. In the event that a parcel is a greater in weight or dimensions than that permitted within the delivery purchased and therefore that the shipping costs are higher than quoted we will charge your payment method for the additional costs and a further surcharge of £15+VAT will apply to cover additional administration. We will notify you of these charges within 10 working days of the monies being taken. The consignment may also be returned to the sender at your cost (please see "return to sender" charges below).
It is your responsibility to be ready for the courier when they come to collect. This includes making sure the driver has free access for collection. You will need to advise us to rebook the collection where the courier has attempted to collect your parcel but has not been able to. A £10+VAT adminstration fee will be charged in this case. This includes, but is not limited to, nobody being available at the collection address at the time of collection, or the carrier refusing to accept the consignment. For the absence of doubt this does not include where the courier has failed to arrive to collect on the scheduled date. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Universities and colleges.
Collections from Universities and colleges must not be arranged from "HALLS OF RESIDENCE" or any other student accommodation on campus. Collection from Universities and colleges can only be arranged from locations with free access. Acceptable collection areas are "Post rooms, receptions or student services" all of which need to be manned for the full duration of the collection times. This location should be included in the collection address when booking. Drivers will not be able to call before or at the time of collection. Failed collection due to the driver not collecting the parcel due to this reason will be charged at £10 + vat per parcel
Businesses and other non-residential addresses
Collections from these addresses should be from a reception, post room or goods out. This location should be included in the collection address when booking. Drivers will not be able to call before or at the time of collection. Failed collection due to the driver not collecting the parcel due to this reason will be charged at £10 + vat per parcel.
We are able to collect from residential address as long as the drivers have free access. For clarity this means that the driver must be able contact the sender by ringing a door bell or knocking on a door. Failed collection due a lack of access such as security doors, security gates, faulty bells will be charged at £10 + vat per parcel. Drivers will not be able to call before or at the time of collection.
|Shipping And Handling We will only accept goods for carriage under these conditions.|
- We use contractors or subcontractors to carry out our services.
- Our liability involves receiving the customer's collection and delivery information and passing this to the carrier. Where appropriate, we will mediate between the customer and carrier in the events of disputes and inquiries. To the best of our ability, we will provide the customer with any relevant advice and information, providing all necessary information is given to us.
- Compensation will cover goods (providing they are not exempt from compensation) but will not cover consequential loss. It is the customers responsibility to check that their items are not exempt from cover.
- The carrier reserves the right to non-delivery of a consignment for reasons (including, but not limited to), inaccessible addresses, non-existent addresses, and PO Box addresses.
- Compensation claims may be invalid if a consignment breaches our terms and conditions
- Parcels may be destroyed without notice if deemed to be unsafe or hazardous due to either content nature or damage
- The following items are exempt from the compensation scheme:
- Antiques (objects over 100 years old).
- Articles made largely or wholly of gold, silver or other precious metals.
- Watches or cameras
- Anything containing ceramics, china, resin and porcelain or any intrinsically breakable material**.
- Diamonds and other precious stones.
- Hazardous or dangerous goods, prohibited or restricted items.
- Jewellery (except imitation).
- Real fur.
- SIM cards
- Musical Instruments (Unless shipped in the CORRECT HARD case, designed for that instrument. Note that even in this case it is not possible to purchase additional compensation for musical instruments)
- Negotiable documents.
- Money - current bank note, currency note or coins, uncrossed postal orders which do not state to whom they are to be paid, cheques or dividend warrants which are uncrossed and made payable to the bearer; bearer securities including share warrants, scrips or subscription certificates, bonds or relative coupons; unobliterated postage or revenue stamps (except a revenue stamp embossed or impressed on an instrument which has been executed); airline tickets, coupons, vouchers, tokens, stamps or similar documents which can be exchanged by themselves or with any other document for money, goods or services, national insurance stamps or bankers drafts.
Please note: collectables - items which have appreciated in value either due to their scarcity or due to their being out of production are not excluded from cover. However, any compensation payable for loss of, or damage to, any collectable shall be limited to the actual price paid for the collectable and shall not exceed courier stated limits of compensation as set out in the compensation table, compensation on all items is also limited to the current market price, and is NOT new-for-old replacement.
** Compensation for loss (but not damage) may still be payable.
- Compensation for loss or damage is limited to cost price ONLY not sale price. Written proof of value will need to be available.
- Claims for damage will only be payable providing the consignment was adequately packed (subject to any courier acceptable packaging guidelines).
- Packaging must be retained for inspection in the event of a compensation claim
- A claims form from our site must be fully completed and submitted along with all necessary supporting documentation within 7 days of the parcel being dispatched.
- While we will do everything possible to ensure a claim is successful, we are not required to pay compensation should the carrier refuse to accept the claim for any reason.
|Delivery Schedule Completed Orders received by us by 5pm will typically be scheduled for collection the following working day unless you specify an alternative future collection date. |
- The carrier will be scheduled to collect from the customer on the specified day. Collection dates are not guaranteed unless you have purchased the guaranteed collection upgrade. Where the customer has purchased the Guaranteed option they will be entitled to a refund of their shipping charge if the collection has failed due to non attendance by the courier and we have been notified by 12pm the following working day. Parcel2ship.co.uk cannot be held responsible in the event of a failure to collect. In these instances Parcel2ship.co.uk will reschedule the collection for an alternative date.
- Collections typically occur between 09:00 - 17:30 with the exception of City Link where collections can occur between 7.30am and 5.30pm.
- Collections only occur on working days (Monday - Friday) excluding bank holidays.
- All parcels are digitally scanned and weighed. The equipment used is calibrated and audited and the results are accepted as accurate. Parcels that are delivered but are over the maximum actual or dimensional weight for the delivery purchased will be subject to a £15+VAT administration charge plus the extra upgrade charge to the correct weight. Where the parcel weight or dimensions exceed our maximum limits for the service ordered a further additional charge of £60+VAT will apply.
- Delivery will normally be within the schedule stated for the product however Parcel2ship.co.uk cannot be held responsible for any delays in delivery. In particular the customer acknowledges that Parcel2ship.co.uk have no control over delays with customs and are not responsible for any charges levied by customs.
- City Link will make two delivery attempts free of charge. Further delivery attempts are charged by City Link and Parcel2ship will pass on a charge of £15+vat onto you.
- Parcels that are not accepted by the receiver either upon delivery or due to the failure of the receiver to make arrangements for redelivery will be charged a return to sender fee.
- It is the senders responsibility to track the parcel's progress and notify us of failed collections or deliveries.
- Acceptance of goods by the collecting driver does not necessarily indicate compliance with our terms and conditions.
Return to Sender Charges
UK Parcels- £15+VAT per parcel
EU Parcels- £50+VAT per parcel
International Parcels - £75+VAT per parcel
Customs & Exports
Customs rules and regulations are independent to all carriers across the world and set by national governments, bodies like the European Union and the World Customs Organisation. As a carrier, we are bound by these rules, as are all of our competitors.
In brief, it is always your responsibility as the shipper to:
- Ensure you do not send anything which is prohibited by the carrier or any of its partners for the service chosen.
- Check you know any prohibitions and restrictions set by governments overseas for the types of goods you are shipping.
- Complete and attach any other necessary documentation required for customs clearance overseas. This will vary by country, and will depend on the types of goods you are sending.
- Explain to overseas customers that their imported goods may well be subject to import duties and taxes which will need paying before parcels will be released for delivery.
There are a range of organisations in the UK who can help you with all of the above. As a starting point, we recommend that you talk to HM Revenue & Customs who can be contacted on 0845 010 9000 ( Welsh language - 0845 010 0300, +44 208 929 0152 for international callers) . They also have a website, www.hmrc.gov.uk.
What are Customs regulations there for?
Customs processes are there to monitor trade levels between countries, help maintain national security, but also for fiscal purposes. Depending on the type of good, country of origin, and the country of destination, goods may, or may not, be subject to prohibitions, restrictions, and the application of duties / taxes.
EXPORTING WORLDWIDE- GENERAL
There are some rules and additional documentation that may apply to some EU and non-EU destinations alike, depending on what is being sent and to where. You need to know the regulations for your products in your chosen export markets.
Certain goods being imported into some countries may require an import licence, imposed by the overseas government for a range of reasons including health & safety, import quotas and so on. We recommend that you check with the importer that relevant licences have been obtained from the relevant government department before shipping any goods. Be aware that rules and regulations change all the time and it is your responsibility to check with your overseas customer that relevant licences have been granted.
Certain goods being exported to some countries may require an export licence from the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI). Attach it to the package in an envelope marked "Export Licence" and tick the relevant box on the Despatch Pack. A licence is usually valid for a single shipment, even if the value of the goods being sent are less than the amount specified on the licence. Different governmental departments have different export licence requirements; customers are advised to check with the relevant one for their goods
MOVING GOODS INTO THE EU
Shipping goods into the EU is commonly known as "moving" rather than "exporting". This is because the EU is a single market - as such trade between the countries is easier and mainly without barriers. Shipping to the EU has fewer trade restrictions and no specific Customs documentation is needed (except the despatch pack and potentially some of the additional licences listed above). There are 27 EU members, plus 7 territories where we do not require customs declarations.
EU Member states
- Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom
- Monaco, Corsica, Sardinia, Sicily, Azores, Madeira and the Balearics
EU special territories (including the Channel Islands and the Canary Islands) and overseas territories linked to EU members (for example, the Falkland Islands) all should be treated as non-EU destinations.
EXPORTING OUTSIDE THE EU
The key thing to be aware of is that for all parcels going outside these EU destinations, parcels will pass through customs procedures. The customs team overseas will make a judgement on whether any duties and taxes are applicable to the parcel, based on the information provided on the despatch pack and commercial invoice.
These charges are made up of:
Import duty - % charge on the declared value - this depends on the type of goods
Excise duty - % charge per kilo for perfumes, cigarettes and alcohol
Import VAT - VAT at the prevailing rate in the destination country applicable on the total value and duties
Clearance fee- an administration charge to cover the costs of additional handling, administration, collection of monies etc
In order to help trade and the flow of some goods from the EU to non-EU destinations, there are some EU wide preferential agreements on particular goods going to certain non-EU countries. When exporting to countries with which there is a trade agreement, items may be eligible for reduced duty rates or treatment free of duty. If so, you will need to complete a EURl or EUR2 Movement Certificate or include a specifically worded Invoice Declaration. You should either include the Movement Certificate (authenticated and stamped by HM Revenue & Customs) in our Despatch Pack or attach it to the package in an envelope marked "EUR Movement Certificate". In some cases, a EUR2 Movement Certificate signed by the sender may be used.
Movement Certificates and Invoice Declarations
Some countries require certain goods to have a Certificate of Origin attached to the parcel. Turkey , for example, requires a certificate of origin for most types of goods, and Taiwan requires them for textiles and clothing. You need to make sure that you have checked with the local Chambers of Commerce who can advise on specifics.
Harmonised System (HS) Numbers
We advise including the World Customs Organisation 6 digit Harmonised System (HS) tariff number (also known as commodity codes, tariff headings, tariff codes, or classification codes) for each type of good, along with details of the country of origin. This will aid customs authorities assess and charge appropriate duties and taxes. For assistance, HMCE's Tariff Classification Helpline gives verbal (non-legally binding) advice on 01702 366077 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Each item valued over £100 must carry a VAT Label 444 on the outside of the package. You can obtain these and VAT notices from your local Customs VAT office, or the HMCE National Advice Service. For proof of export for re-claiming VAT, the recognised evidence is the customer receipt part of the despatch pack, or for customers using WDM Online, the daily manifest.
|Tax Charges All prices for UK and EU services are subject to VAT at standard rate. |
|Credit Card Security Credit/Debit Card Security Credit card details are entered into the SagePay secure payment services facility. Full security details are available at http://www.Sagepay.com|
|Guarantee Guaranteed Collections : Where this service upgrade has been added Parcel2ship.co.uk will refund your payment and ship your parcel for free, where all of our condition and procedures have been followed but the courier has been unable to attend the collection. Parcel2ship.co.uk must be notified of a failed collection by 12pm the next working day.|
|Reaching Us If you need to reach us, please email us. Alternatively, you can call on 0845 519 0185 (International +44 0845 519 0185) or write to us at King Charles Business Park Old Newton Rd Heathfield Newtn Abbot TQ12 6UT United Kingdom|
Data collected by this site is used to:
a. Take and fulfill customer orders
b. Administer and enhance the site and service
c. Only disclose information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes
d. Contact you to publicise offers or service information which we believe may be of interest, however you can opt out of receiving this information when you checkout.
|Remittance Terms Full payment must be made before any collection can be scheduled|